Thursday, November 8, 2012

WHO ARE YOU, STEVIE NICKS????


Kirstie Alley Is Fatter Than
 
What on earth are we thinking? Why do middle aged women feel compelled to look like gypsies/aging hippies/peasant women from the Middle Ages?. What could possibly compel us to wear long saggy, flowy clothes that look like we just hiked from Uzbekistan . Seriously, they are so ugly. They make us look out of touch and totally not worth listening to. No offense Stevie Nicks, I loved your style when you were in your twenties. You rocked. But somehow , some idiot designers re giving our age group a bad name with this refugee look.

Believe me you would never see Barbara Walters or Helen Mirren in these get ups. They have clothing that fits and looks nice. You may say, "but I'm heavy" ," I can't wear tailored things they make me look fat." Are you kidding me?  No one is in the slightest bit fooled by your shape when you're dressed like a sheep herder. You are what you are. Embrace it.

Get in touch with a good tailor, and try classic shapes. They never fail to flatter. Let's face it, you may not have the waistline you had at 19, but I bet your savvy and life experience more than makes up for it. Get a great haircut. Go for killer accessories and simple shapes. You've still got a lot of living to do lady. So go do it with a little dignity.

No comments:

Post a Comment