Saturday, June 8, 2013

WHO ARE YOU???? WHEN DO YOU STOP BEING A BABE??


 
 
 
Last weekend was a crazy busy one for me. Sent to Texas for the ricin
story...then back to Oklahoma for tornado's. Whew...that would have made
the twenty year old version of my self exhausted. But it was a confusing
weekend too.
 
 First of all I stopped for caffeine at McDonalds somewhere
in  Texas and the girl (without me asking) gave me a senior discount.
OUCH!!
 
Then on the way home a convertible of three dudes kept keeping pace with
my car and telling me to roll down the window. I  thought parts of my car were
falling off so I did and they all yelled "show me your tits". What was this
Mardi Gras?...and were some of these men blind?. Hope it wasn't the driver.Now
this is confusing to me.
 
At what age are you suddenly not a babe...and become a senior citizen?
 
 
Seriously I still feel pretty young. I can keep up with anyone if I really want to.
I seriously amaze myself alot of the time. But I don't think my body is cool with
that. Too many 20 hour days and I get a cold, or feel like I've been run over by a truck!!
 
So what to do? How do you know? Is there an Age cut off?I think a reality check is in order.
 
You are still a babe if once a year someone whistles at you or says "I had no idea you
were _??___. You look at least twenty years younger.
 
If you still have dreams about your life and your career and you work toward those
goals.
 
If at least one man in your life, present or past tells you you're beautiful and you
believe it.
 
If you still love music and are not afraid to dance around the house in pure joy.
 
 
If you're still in love with love.
 
 
You are a senior if hipsters and young people annoy the hell out of you.
 
If you never ever change your mind over anything
 
If your health is your main concern...always.
 
If you've given up and settle.
 
If you believe love is for the young only
 
 
It's your choice ladies!!!! It has nothing to do with age, You can be
80 and still be young and heart.  As for me I'll forget that the little girl at McDonalds\
thought I was a senior citizen. And the cat calls from the convertible are my this years
validation. I'll take it where I can get it!!!!!.
 
As we used to say in our cheerleading squad. Knockers Up Ladies!!!
 
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment