Thursday, January 30, 2014

TOO OBIT TO QUIT-LEAVING YOUR LAST IMPRESSION!!!!


Ok...it may sound a little ghoulish. But seriously , at our age we have to come
to terms with reality. And the reality is, one day we will be leaving this world.
A friend's  mother told her, flat out,  that it's never too early to think about
getting  your obituary picture ready--you're not getting any younger. WTF

Hmm. She's right. You can't just pawn off that picture from high school or the
beauty queen shot when you were in your twenties. No one is going to be
impressed with that. And they're not going to be fooled either. You don't look
like you did in your twenties or thirties. No you don't. Not even with all the
fillers and face lifts and lip enhancers. Sixty is not the new twenty. You need
a new picture.

Now if you don't want to be morbid (remember I like zombie shows) than think of
it this way. You need to have your award picture ready for when you are recognized
for all that hard work you do. That picture that says what a fantastic volunteer/
educator/physician/businesswoman you are.

This isn't something you can leave up to other people. Seriously. I bet your husband will
pick out a picture he loved, when you were young with convertible hair and a stomach you
could bounce a dime off . I know this is something I don't really want to think about.
I live in fear that if I get ill and go into a coma that I'll wake up with freaking gray hair...
or that my family will put me in a casket looking like a third world hooker. Yikes.

But ladies. It doesn't have to be a bad thing. Lets face it even Victoria's Secret models
are victims of Photo Shop. Girls in their twenties are using it to slim down their
arms on selfies. Movie stars are "shopped," Maybe even Kate Upton. So what the hell ?
Find a good photographer and tell them you want todo a Full Monty....Like I did.
Rest in Peace...you bet I will with a killer picture that seriously was taken at age 63 and 1/2.





I give total credit to Leigh Thompson...www.leighthompsonphotography.com
and Larry Chowning for hair and makeup.


Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment