Monday, March 18, 2013

ARE YOU EVER TOO OLD FOR ROCK AND ROLL?????


Glam Metal Rock bands,
 
Went to a concert the other night to see Bon Jovi.. I have to be honest
..... I was not a huge fan....but everyone else in the screaming venue
certainly was. I'm not sure how I missed all those bands in the 80's and 90's.
 Maybe because I was too busy changing diapers and doing  the carpool run
and trying to  work enough to keep my head aligned.
 
Who knows? My music was the sixties and seventies. That's the music
 I fell in love to....(over and over) and the music I drank my first beer to,
and the music my friends and I would dance on tables to ....and sing along
with in convertibles  at the top of our lungs. That music speaks to me...and
I can totally see how Bon Jovi, Journey, and Aerosmith speak to this younger
audience.
 
At the Bon Jovi concert my biggest thrill was having a hard time looking
through the binoculars because Latisse was really  working on my eyelashes.
(that's another post).  No seriously, great concert. Sorry I missed ya' in the 80's
and 90's. And my compliments. You and  Richie Sambora rock.
 
Seriously though, when are you too old for concerts and rock-n-roll? I say
never. But here are a few thoughts.
 
You are too old for going to concerts if......
 
You spend the entire concert with your binoculars  trying to determine if
the musicians have had  face lifts and are wearing wigs.
 
 You look at their feet to see if their wearing orthopaedic shoes.
 
Loud?...what are they talking about? Sounded fine to me.
 
You count the number of glasses of water they drink,  and breaks they have.
How do they do it?? 


(Please add your own criteria.)
 
 
Personally I will be too old to go to concerts when I'm dead.

ROCK AND ROLL FOREVER!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment