Monday, April 8, 2013

A CLASS REUNION--I"D RATHER STICK NEEDLES IN MY EYE!!!!





Ok big shot. You put high school behind you and become tremendously successful and have a life that Donald Trump would envy. You have the spouse that causes a fair amount of rubber-necking and your kids/pets are stellar. Good for you. Because one day there will be a letter in your mailbox that will bring you to your knees. It will look innocent enough. But we guarantee that this one will stop you dead in your tracks.
No, it’s not the IRS audit for your private jet. It’s the invitation to your class reunion. And it’s a bitch. All of a sudden your entire high school history will come flying through your head. And no matter how successful you are now you will start to panic. Should I ? Shouldn’t I? Do I have time to loose 20 pounds/have plastic surgery/buy a new sports car?. It’s Oh my God. And just to make it even more fun once they’ve found you you’ll get another and another….every 5-10 years.
Of course, there’s the brave front that everyone puts on. Avoiding the “oh my God, what happened to you?” Or the equally disturbing.” Wasn’t she the girl that picked her nose? Wow…now she’s a babe.” Of course you’ll drink too much, say many inappropriate things and try way to hard to hook up with your high school crush. It’s not pretty.
 
Do you dread your high school reunion? I don;t really have to worry about that one since I was
an Air Force brat and have no idea where my friends from Upper Heyford High School in
England ended up. That takes the pressure off ...right? I imagine for some it's a great revenge
scenerio and for others a bitter sweet moment. Tell me what you think.  

No comments:

Post a Comment