Wednesday, April 3, 2013

YOU CAN ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT!!!!!


and interior design
 
Thanks to the Internet and a host of savvy websites you can do whatever
you want in terms of home decorating. No more being tied to the trend of
the moment. No one dictating to you what colors to use. I have always been
a big fan of doing whatever I wanted. Many of you probably cringe at some
of my choices...like the sun-in-your-face-yellow walls in my kitchen. But
I love them. They make me happy in the morning. And truly, what can do that
short of a Bloody Mary followed by happy-pills.?
 
I wanted to make my little television room blue and white to match my blue and
white kitchen an voila. I looked on line. Googled blue and white chevron
carpet. Blue sofa...blue and white Ikat chairs and before you know it I had a
room. They were shipped free and saved me days of endless searching. because
believe me...blue and white was not available in my town.
 
 
 

So here it it....it may not be your taste...but it's just what I wanted. casual , a
little bit modern, a little bit traditional. 100 per cent me!!!!.
Check out these resources:
 
Overstock.com
Joss and main.com
OneKings Lane.com
Pinterest
Target.com
 
If you are going for something a litle more vintage...a little more elaborate check
out Nifty Thrifty , ShopHers, Vaunte ,  and Byronesque.
 
Still can't find it. Buy thrift shop chairs and find fabric and recover them. A little more
leg work...but some of my favorite pieces are from that effort.
 
Happy Decorating!!!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment