Saturday, April 27, 2013

GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN!!!!


Ladies having a Blast
 
 
The Wall Street Journal made some big enemies this week by putting down the
army of young women that call themselves "Mommy Bloggers." This is a smart,
business savvy group of ladies that are mastering the new social media with an A+.
The Journal said they go to conferences like BlogHer and Mom 2.0 to get away from
their kids and husbands and gorge from the mini bar and have cartoon free orgies
of adult television.
 
And  that is bad ...because.???Let me tell you from an old school perspective that
ever since there have been women and children there have been women trying to
get away from said children. Be honest. Being a mom is the most exhausting job
ever and mom's do need a break. It is heaven to get away from mini vans and picky
eaters and teachers that expect art projects worthy of the Louvre. It's hell out there.
 
In the fifties...mommy would simply have a break down and go "away" for a little
while. Let me tell you people she was swigging a gin and tonic and a few mothers
little helpers. In the eighties it was trips to "Canyon Ranch" or some other health spa
so she could get her zen on.
 
I lived for meeting that my husband went to. I would sleep and order room service
and feel like a human again. Now don't get me wrong, I  love my kids, and loved the
privilege of raising the, But it was hard. My job as a journalist would take me out of
town and instead of joining the scribes at the watering hole...I would be comatose in
my room.
 
Women in my generation went out of town and didn't make apologies. We would go
to lake houses, the Big Apple, the Mountains ....anywhere. We would drink and  talk
about our lives, shop and flirt with the waiters at awesome restaurants. It was harmless
and we would come back recharged....ready to take on life.
 
So no  apologies...go to the conferences and have fun, work on your blogging  skills.
Because the way I look at it I don't always remember the nightmare of making that
medieval costume for my kids ...they don't remember it either.But I sure as hell remember
watching Wicked with my my girls.!!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment