Sunday, July 13, 2014

RECIPE FOR SUMMERTIME SLAW!!!!


 
 
When it's too hot out to even contemplate putting on the oven or the stove
cole slaw is my go to alternative. I am lazy. I don't want to chop my own
cabbage so I buy a bag of plain coleslaw at the veggie counter. But what goes
in it makes the magic.
 
I chop the following:
 
celery
carrots
zucchini
red peppers
green peppers
 
then I add a can of drained black beans
handful of goats cheese or feta cheese
 
Mix up olive oil and lime juice and pour it on
 
Add salt , pepper
 
Then throw in whatever protein you have.... shrimp
                                                                       chicken
                                                                       beef
 
 
It's delicious and I really could eat this almost every day. It tastes different every
single time I make it because it becomes whatever I have in the fridge.
Give it a try. You'll be please you did!!!
 
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment