Monday, January 7, 2013

OH HELL NO!!!!








 I nearly died last week when I saw people ( men, women and children)
out and about in pajama bottoms. Seriously. How damn lazy do you have to be to wear your Hello Kitty fuzzy pajama bottoms to the Mall. I've even seen some fashionistas with matching bunny slippers. Who are these people? And why oh why would they want to look like they just rolled out of bed. Unless you're a Victoria's Secret model , nobody should look like they just rolled out of bed.

What's even worse is that the fluffy p.j.'s drag on the floor and they look dirty and unkept. I am perplexed. Promise me people, you won't take your pajama rama bottoms out of the country. Americans are the worst dressed people on the planet in the eyes of every Italian/Brit/German/Brazilian/Spaniard/well let's just be real and say everyone.

We can't ignore it any longer. Harrods in London used to have a ban on women  wearing tights as bottoms. Any not many bottoms, believe me, can pull off that look. Then came sweatpants. And unless you are a jock in between games you have no business in those either. Come on people, they aren't that comfy, and they look like shit.

Let me tell you what comfy is . Comfy is a great pair of Eileen Fisher skinny leg pants with a great sweater or tunic. Comfy is looking good enough that if you died in a plane crash or a piano fell on your head....people would stay "oh she looked so stylish." Our age group can't afford to be badly groomed or sloppy. Not that I don't look like crap (probably a lot more than I'd care to admit)  from time to time. But it's amazing what a great pair of sunglasses and fabulous accessories can do to hide it.

Listen here PJ fans. While you are sashaying around looking like Walmart on crack, being quite the rebel without a cause ( other than being offensive) , I am scoring a free upgrade to a first class ticket on an international flight. True story Enough said.
 
 


1 comment:

  1. With clean undies on of course from VS... Love this! Deb w Happy First told me about you.

    ReplyDelete