Friday, January 11, 2013

SCORING SWAG BECAUSE YOU"RE A BOOMER


DeeEvery Middle Aged Women


It had to happen. It was inevitable. Along with the pesky crows feet and the thinning hairline
comes that little gem called "We Gets It Cuz' We're Old." You may not be familiar with this
phenomenon...but believe me there has to be some kind of  payoff doesn't there?

For those of you who shave off ten years, well you'll just have to wait. because believe me
it's going to happen to you eventually. Some day you are going to be forced to say you're sixty.
For the rest of us it's a gleeful song.  Hot damn, I get some respect, and that respect doesn't
come from your family or your colleagues. It comes from some tortured twenty year old with
multiple tattoos and piercings. Or those bug ear things that make your ears stretch. Whaaaa...
They won't even know they're showing you respect. they just give it to you. Do you care...hells no.

That respect comes in the color of green. the dollars you are saving because you're getting older.
I have absolutely no problem in getting my movie tickets with a senior discount. Of course I keep
secretly hoping someone will jump up and say...No! You can't have the senior discount...you are
way too young. No one has done this yet.....believe me, but I live with hope.
So here's how you can score the swag....

Movies I already mentioned movies. It's a given With all the crap out there the dscounts should be bigger. But...I'm cool with my half price ticket.

Restaurants Ok...not a big fan of eating at four. But you can always have a late lunch.
McDonalds will give you a nice big cup of their roasted Joe for 35 cents. Cha-ching. Lots
of other chains give senior discounts too...like Burger King...Chili's , Applebee's. Not
my faves but what the heck. It's the principal.

Stores I have actually used this ploy from time to time. Actually sometimes you can cop a
compliment in the bargain,. What...you couldn't possibly be over 55?. Love it. And you can
get a serious ten percent discount on Tuesdays at Ross for example . Worth checking out
the stores you shop at.Be prepared for everyone to stare at you and scrutinize your face, your hair your clothes. This is the litmus test ladies.

Cheap Rides Traveling you will run into train and bus discounts. Always ask. You can't be embarrassed about this. This is the payoff. Also check out car rentals when you can get an AARP discount and sometimes Jiffy Lube and other car repair and maintenance companies offer the
deal.

Travel Southwest Airlines gives boomer 65 and older a discount. Hotels often do. check it out.


I'm sure there lots more out there and I will be searching that out for us. Remember keep your
head high and say ...repeat after me. I want the senior discount/. Boo-yah.

Tell me your tips!!!! Or tell me what you think should be discounted. That could be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment