Friday, January 25, 2013

WHAT IF SHAKESPEARE WAS SEXTING!!!


of William Shakespeare.
 
 
One can only imagine how the great literary giants would have
sounded today. There's something about words like thine...and
my beloved that send a shiver down any woman's spine. They
just don't make them like they used to.
 
But what if...just imagine ...Shakespeare with an iphone....or Emily
Dickinson on Twitter. Here are some hilarious verses and their
modern text translations. Found these in MORE magazine. Good
work!
 
 
William Shakespeare:
Shall I compare thee to a sumer day
SEXT: U R so hot!!!!!
 
Robert Louis Stevenson:
...shadowing the complexity of that game of consequences
to which we all sit down.
SEXT: WTF R U sure it's mine?
 
Anne Bradstreet:
I prize thy love more than whole mines of gold
SEXT: OK w prenup
 
Robert Lovelace:
True, a new mistress now I chase.
SEXT: Dumping u
 
Elizabeth Barrett Browning:
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
SEXT: I wanna tie u up, spank u,  lick ur arms
legs, face and toes
 
and here's my contribution......

W.B. YEATS
Wine Comes in the Mouth
And Love Comes in the Eyes.
SEXT: Three martinis and U R a Babe

No comments:

Post a Comment